Google Emergency Room Treatment
Are you freaking out because your site has been de-indexed from Google’s SERPs (search engine results pages) this past week?
If so the cause could be one of these two factors;
- The Google Panda 3.5 update released on the 19th
- Or the Google Penguin update released on the 24th
Our list of powerful SEO Tips and Strategies you can start implementing today to recover and/or prevent your site from being knocked out in the next round.
Google has a Google Penguin feedback form that you can use if you feel that your site was unjustly de-indexed.
However before you complete this form only to be rejected, here are a few things you should check:
1) If your site is using a third party themed template check to make sure that there are NO links embedded in the template that are going to the developer or some link farm.
Typically these links are in the footer area saying something like “designed by X WordPress Themes”
You will want to check the licensing rights for your theme, as some require you to maintain these outbound links. If it does, consider getting a custom theme developed for your site.
2) Get backlinks to your website from TRUSTED sites and directories.
One directory I would highly recommend listing your site with is
Best of the Web.
Their annual fee is $149.95 but I would recommend applying for their lifetime listing that costs $299.95
3) Check all the links on your website and redirect any 404 errors
4) Clean up your code and reduce image size to decrease the load time of your website.
5) Diversify your anchor tag keywords and link to interior pages of your site. Consider adding a few “click here”, “more info” links.
6) Check your code for any HTML validation errors
Related Posts via Taxonomies
Login To View Our Premium Content
SEO Blog Categories
- Affiliate Marketing
- Ask a SEO Expert
- Content Marketing
- Featured Article
- Featured Video
- Google +
- Google Analytics
- Google Keyword Tool
- Google Panda
- Google Penguin
- Google Places
- Google Stuff
- Keyword Research
- Local Search Optimization
- Mobile Marketing
- Principles of Persuasion
- Reputation Management
- SEO Essentials
- SEO Events
- SEO Mastermind
- SEO Meetup
- SEO Services
- SEO Tips
- SEO Tools
- SEO Training
- SEO Training Videos
- Social Media
- Wordpress SEO
- YouTube SEO
4 Ingredients for Effective Copywriting – Video
May 22nd, 2013VIEW ALL WEBINARS >